- TOTAL TIME
- 8 hours
- PREP TIME
- 5 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 1–2 minutes
- 2 servings
- VEGGEMO FLAVOR
- Original or Unsweetened or Vanilla
- 2/3 cup regular rolled large flake oats
- 1 2/3 cup Veggemo Original, Unsweetened or Vanilla
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice, e.g., brown sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice mix (purchased or see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup raisins or combination of your favorite dried fruits
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Pinch salt
- 1 apple
1. Stir all ingredients (except apple) together (save a few raisins and nuts for garnishing, if desired). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Just before serving, peel apple, grate and stir into oatmeal. Heat in microwave or on stovetop until piping hot. Let stand 1 minute. Stir in additional Veggemo for desired consistency. Sprinkle with reserved nuts and raisins.
Apple Pie Spice = 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg + 1/8 tsp ground cardamom + a pinch ground allspice. You’ll have some left over for another day.
Oatmeal thickens as it stands – stir in additional Veggemo to reach desired consistency.
Want to make it now and can’t wait overnight? Combine all ingredients (except the apple) and microwave for 3–4 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Peel and grate the apple into the oatmeal, stir and microwave 1 more minute until hot and cooked through. The nuts will still be rather crunchy – so enjoy that way or leave them out.