hot oatmeal superpower bowl
- Total Time
- 5–12 minutes
- Prep Time
- 2 minutes
- Cook Time
- 3–10 minutes
- 1 serving
- Veggemo Flavor
- Original or Unsweetened or Vanilla
- 1/3 cup regular rolled large flake oats
- 3/4 – 1 cup Veggemo Original, Unsweetened or Vanilla
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fruits and berries or
- 3 – 4 tbsp mixed dried fruits and/or nuts/seeds of choice
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sweetener of choice, e.g., brown sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
1. Microwave method: Stir 3/4 cup Veggemo and remaining ingredients together in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 2–3 minutes (microwaves vary in power – check after 2 minutes). Stir. Let stand for 1 minute.
2. Stovetop method: Bring 1 cup Veggemo to just below boiling in a small saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir optional add-ins during cooking process or after and add garnishes
Oatmeal thickens as it stands – stir in additional Veggemo to reach desired consistency.
For instant or quick oats, use 3/4 cup Veggemo for both cooking methods. Reduce microwave time to 1–1 1/2 minutes and stove-top time to 2 minutes.
In the photo, we used pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins and cranberries.