- TOTAL TIME
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings,
about 1 cup each
- VEGGEMO FLAVOR
- Original or Vanilla
- 2 cups Veggemo Original or Vanilla, cold
- 4 tsp light agave nectar (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp kala namak (black salt)*
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum**
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract (add only if using Veggemo Original)
- 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg (really, just a pinch)
- Ground nutmeg
1. Puree all ingredients together in a blender on high speed for 15 seconds (or, for a frothy top, place all ingredients in a bowl and buzz on high speed using a hand-held mixer until frothy).
2. Serve chilled or hot (warmed in the microwave or on the stovetop – do not boil).
3. Garnish with additional ground nutmeg, if desired.
*Kala namak (black salt) can be purchased in Indian grocery stores or bulk spice shops (it gives a slight “eggy” taste to the nog). If you can’t find it, simply don’t use it.
**Xanthan gum can be purchased in most health food stores or bulk spice and ingredient stores; it will slightly thicken your Holiday Eggless Nog! It’s not an essential ingredient, so don’t worry if you can’t find it.