- TOTAL TIME
- 40 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 30 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 10 minutes
- 8 servings
- Excellent (sauce only)
- VEGGEMO FLAVOR
- Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 of a 13.5 oz can coconut milk (stir well)
- 3/4 – 1 cup Veggemo Original
- 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 3 tbsp light agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 – 2 tsp sambal oelek (chili paste) (or to taste)
- Noodles & Vegetables
- Sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 8 cups assorted fresh vegetables, sliced, e.g., onions, red and yellow peppers, snow peas, baby eggplant, baby bok choy, and cremini, king oyster and shiitake mushrooms
- 8 cups cooked udon noodles (or other thick noodles)
- Green onions, sliced
- Thinly sliced red Thai red chilies
1. Sauce Ingredients: Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until smooth and thickened. Puree in pot with immersion blender, if desired. Adjust seasoning.
2. Noodles & Vegetables: Heat oil in very large pan over medium-high heat (add enough oil to coat bottom of pan). Add vegetables and saute until tender-crisp. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in sauce and noodles and adjust seasoning. Garnish as desired.
Udon noodles can be found in most Asian grocery stores or in the Asian section of larger supermarkets.
Make double the sauce and freeze leftovers for use another day.
If saucy noodles get too thick, add a bit of Veggemo.
Also delicious served with rice.