- TOTAL TIME
- 40 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 10 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 30 minutes
- 6 servings,
about 1 1/3 cups each
- VEGGEMO FLAVOR
- 1/4 cup sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 6 cups sliced leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups good quality vegetable stock, divided
- 4 cups peeled and diced white (new) potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill (or to taste)
- 1 cup Veggemo Unsweetened
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- Fresh dill
- Very thinly sliced leeks
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally (without browning) until softened.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in 2 cups of the vegetable stock; add potatoes and stir. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in dill.
3. Puree mixture in pot with immersion blender (or let cool slightly and puree in batches in blender and return to pot). Stir in Veggemo and remaining stock. Season to taste with salt and cayenne. Garnish as desired.
To prepare whole leeks, cut off dark green parts and discard. Cut root of leeks, and then slice in half lengthwise. Rinse each layer of leeks under running water. Slice thinly crosswise.