- TOTAL TIME
- 5 - 12 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 2 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 3 - 10 minutes
- 1 serving
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- Original or Unsweetened or Vanilla
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) regular rolled large flake oats
- 3/4 – 1 cup (175 – 250 ml) Veggemo Original, Unsweetened or Vanilla
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh fruits and berries or
- 3 – 4 tbsp (45 – 60 ml) mixed dried fruits and/or nuts/seeds of choice
- 1/2 – 1 tsp (2 – 5 ml) sweetener of choice ie brown sugar, agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
1. Microwave method: Stir 3/4 cup (175 ml) Veggemo and remaining ingredients together in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 2-3 minutes (microwaves vary in power – check after 2 minutes). Stir. Let stand for one minute.
2. Stove top method: Bring 1 cup (250 ml) Veggemo to just below boiling in a small saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir optional add-ins during cooking process or after.
Oatmeal thickens as it stands – stir in additional Veggemo to reach desired consistency.
For instant or quick oats, use 3/4 cup (175 ml) Veggemo for both cooking methods. Reduce microwave time to 1 – 1 1/2 minutes and stove-top time to 2 minutes.
In the photo, we used pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins and cranberries.