- TOTAL TIME
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings, about 1 cup (250 ml) each
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- Original or Vanilla
- 2 cups (500 ml) Veggemo Original or Vanilla, cold
- 4 tsp (20 ml) light agave nectar (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) black salt (kala namak)*
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) xanthan gum*
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) pure vanilla extract (add only if using Veggemo Original)
- 1/16 tsp (0.2 ml) ground nutmeg (really, just a pinch)
- fresh nutmeg
1. Puree all ingredients together in a blender on high speed for fifteen seconds (or for a frothy top, place all ingredients in a bowl and buzz on high speed using a hand-held mixer until frothy).
2. Serve chilled or hot (warmed in the microwave or stovetop – do not boil).
3. Garnish with a scraping of fresh nutmeg, if desired.
Black salt (Kala Namak) can be purchased in Indian grocers or bulk spice shops (it gives a slight ‘eggy’ taste to the nog). If you can’t find it, simply don’t use it.
Xanthan gum can be purchased in most health food stores or bulk spice and ingredient stores, which will slightly thicken your Holiday Eggless Nog! It’s not an essential ingredient, so don’t worry if you can’t find it.