- TOTAL TIME
- 20 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 5 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings, about 1 cup (250 ml) each
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) minced garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1 x 28 oz (796 ml) can plum (or San Marzano) tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Veggemo Original
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- Herbed croutons
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, without browning, until softened. Stir in tomato paste and cook for one minute longer.
2. Add tomatoes and break them up slightly in the pan with a wooden spoon. Cover and cook until tomatoes are very soft, about 5-10 minutes. Puree tomato mixture in pot with immersion blender (or let cool slightly and puree in batches in blender and return to pot).
3. Stir in vegetable stock and Veggemo. Season to taste with salt and a pinch of cayenne. Garnish with croutons.