- TOTAL TIME
- 45 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 5 minutes
- BAKE TIME
- 35 – 40 minutes
- 16 squares
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegan margarine
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Veggemo Vanilla
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) small, firm fresh blueberries, washed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 325F/160C.
2. Using a wooden spoon, mix brown sugar and margarine together in a large bowl until completely smooth and creamy.
3. Stir flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
4. Add 1/3 of flour mix into margarine and stir until smooth. Add 1/3 of Veggemo and stir until smooth. Repeat twice with remaining flour/Veggemo. Stir in oats.
5. Spread batter into parchment-paper lined 8-inch (20 cm) glass baking dish. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove cake and cool on wire rack. Cut into squares.
For this recipe, fresh, small, firm blueberries work best. If they’re not available, use golden raisins (or use them instead as a variation).