- TOTAL TIME
- about 1 hour
- PREP TIME
- 10 minutes
- BAKE TIME
- 45 minutes
- 2 - 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaves
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Veggemo Vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar
- 2 cups (500 ml) mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
2. Sift all Dry Ingredients together.
3. Beat all Wet Ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth. On low speed, fold in Dry Ingredients just until mixed.
4. Pour batter into parchment-paper lined loaf pans and bake until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
Loaf pans vary in size – so simply use what you have on hand. Just start checking for doneness (with the toothpick) at around 35 minutes.
May also be baked in one bundt pan – grease pan before using (they vary in size too, just keep checking for doneness).